Visual Marketing Stats 2015:
Here are a few absolutely awesome Visual Marketing Stats for 2015. The stats are compiled by Hubspot and there is a link to the full post and sources below. There are a couple of key takeaways from this post...the content marketing landscape is growing fast....and the use of visuals on your site and in your posts is extremely important!
1) Last year the amount of video from people and brands in Facebook's News feed increased 3.6X year-over-year.
2) Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets.
3) Socialbakers.com looked at the top 10% of posts made by more than 30,000 Facebook brand pages and found that posts with photos saw the most engagement—accounting for a whopping 87% of total interactions.
4) In 2014, 39% of B2B buyers identified that they share infographics on social media frequently.
5) Adding a photo URL to your tweet can boost retweets by 35%.
6) Images and photos are the most important tactic in optimizing social media posts.
7) Visual content is a key component in each of the top 5 most effective B2B marketing tactics.
8) 70% of marketers plan to increase their use of original visual assets in 2015.
9) The top 3 content formats that B2B buyers seek out to research a purchase decision include: Whitepapers (78%), Case Studies (73%), and Webinars (67%).
10) B2C marketers are more likely to use original videos (63% B2C vs. 56% B2B) and original visual assets (63% B2C vs. 56% B2B).
Visual media creates more engagement with buyers, that is clear especially with content marketing....when you couple that with good storytelling in context you make the leap from OK to awesome!
Here's the link to the original post with sources (and graphics 8-)